Sunday, December 2, 2007

Love's Perfection

My Beautiful Wife

LOVE'S PERFECTION
(a prayer for us)

GOD, THANK YOU AND BLESS US
OUR DESIRES, OUR NEEDS.
FROM THE MISTAKES OF OUR YOUTH
LET US BE FREED.
TO GROW TOGETHER
TO COMFORT, TO LAUGH,
ILLUMINE AND STRAIGHTEN
ONE ANOTHER'S PATHS.

WITH MUTUAL RESPECT
AND PROFOUND AFFECTION:
MAY WE BRING LIFE TO LOVE,
AND LOVE, TO PERFECTION


Art journal:
I wrote this little poem to my then future wife
three days after we met
We already knew we were meant for each other
We were married forty-seven days later
I think it is the best poen I have ever written

Jim Stratemeyer



5 comments:

Allison said...

Aslan that was poem was so Beautiful it really touched my heart,your a true poet with a big heart i hope everybody read's this and leave's a comment,love should be PERFECTION,and your wife look's so sweet with that puppy.

Aslan said...

Thank you, my very special friend.
I did not want to publish this poem (originally on my StraighTruth blog) To me it was special and intimate. However my wife said that she wanted others to experience its reverent beauty.

Lynda said...

Yes, it was pure beauty from within which inspired these lovely and moving words... great post and a great reminder for those who should feel this way for their mates, and, look what it got you, years of bliss together... wonderful dear Aslan, wonderful

Elaine said...

Hi Asian! That was a very touching and inspiring poem. You are very lucky to have each other. God Bless both of you.

Colorado baby said...

YOUR WIFE IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, WHAT AN ANGEL....Beautiful, beautiful picture and Poem....
c-baby

About Me

My photo
Baltimore, Maryland, United States